Safeguarding at Wendron C of E Primary School
All the governors and staff at Wendron share an objective to help keep the children safe by contributing to:
• Providing a safe environment for them to learn
• Identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe both at home and in the education setting.
To achieve this objective, we:
• Aim to prevent unsuitable people from working with the children
• Promote safe practice and challenge any poor or unsafe practice
• Identify instances where there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe
• Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved in providing services for our children
The Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mr. Matt Oakley (Headteacher).
The Deputy DSL is Mrs. Chris. Roberts (Assistant Headteacher).
Our Safeguarding Governor and Whistleblowing Governor is Scott Wilson
Our Health & Safety Governor is Scott Wilson
Safeguarding is everybody's responsibility and we ask that parents and visitors to our school share any concerns they may have with the appropriate members of staff.
The staff at Wendron School have received training to manage safeguarding concerns appropriately and will always prioritise the health, safety and well-being of our pupils. The school has a duty to refer child protection concerns to the Multi Agency Referral Unit (MARU) - usually the parents/cares of the child will be informed in advance of such a referral.